IS YOUR TURNOUT GEAR KEEPING UP?
Help your firefighters perform at peak capacity.
Discover the benefits of Globe Athletix.Request A Demo
ATHLETIX™ brings you:
Less bulky fit
- More streamlined jacket design reduces oversize in front chest, bulk under SCBA, and stiffness in front closure.
- Less bulky, softer, and more adjustable collar interfaces better with hood and helmet and reduces head restriction.
- DRD opening in the collar takes bulk out of the upper back and allows better access above the SCBA.
- Elasticized side panels on jacket provide flexible, more athletic fit at the waist.
- Lower rise, less bulky pants design fits closer to your body and deeper fly opening permits quicker and easier donning and doffing.
- Elasticized sides on pants and adjustable belt closure provide flexible, more athletic fit at the waist.
MORE RANGE OF MOTION
- PBI® STRETCH fabric with KEVLAR® allows closer, less bulky fit with unprecedented range of motion and more flexibility while providing premium thermal break open protection.
- Stretch panels in the thermal liner work with the stretch outer shell to provide maximum range of motion and minimum restriction.
- Banded inseam design allows stretch in all directions and reduces binding in the crotch.
- Articulated elbows for body-contoured fit with minimum restriction.
- Articulated knees with cathedral knee patches and SILIZONE® knee pads are built for unrestricted and protected crawling.
LESS WEIGHT/MORE BREATHABLE
- DuPont™ Nomex® Nano thermal liner is thinner, lighter, more flexible, more breathable, and quicker drying.
- GORE® CROSSTECH® Black moisture barrier provides the highest breathability in the widest range of environmental conditions, to reduce heat stress.
- 3M™ Scotchlite™ Comfort Trim reflective material is segmented and heat sealed to be lighter, more flexible, and breathable without sacrificing visibility.
- ATHLETIX™ is lighter than previous generations of turnout gear.
We invited a group of firefighters to experience ATHLETIX™ turnout gear.
Watch what happened.
MORE GLOBE® ATHLETIX™ INFORMATION
HOW YOUR TURNOUT GEAR WORKS
Understanding the ins and outs of your turnout gear is key. Today’s three-layer ensembles feature advanced protection using the most technically advanced materials; but the human body has not changed.
HELP YOUR FIREFIGHTERS PERFORM AT PEAK CAPACITY
Protect firefighters from heat and other dangers without feeling constrained by their gear. MSA’s Globe® ATHLETIX™ turnout gear is athletically inspired with unique stretch fabrics, body-contoured fit, and all-over stretch for unprecedented performance.
5 STEPS TO SELECTING YOUR TURNOUT GEAR
PPE is an essential investment in firefighter protection, safety, and performance. Each step of the selection process is important to getting the right turnout gear for your department − from understanding standards for the performance, selection, and maintenance of turnout gear through evaluating, specifying, and purchasing the gear.
HOW TO CONDUCT A FIREFIGHTER PPE RISK ASSESSMENT
NFPA 1851 requires departments to perform a Risk Assessment prior to starting the selection process of structural firefighting ensembles. A Risk Assessment identifies the hazards department personnel may encounter in the course of their duties and describes appropriate levels of personal protection to operate safely and effectively in conditions that may expose personnel to those hazards.
Request a Demo
To start a conversation about Globe® ATHLETIX™ turnout gear, complete the form below, and a sales representative will contact you.